Wednesday 22 February 2012

Beards and Axes

Not much finished this week. Felt really ill over the weekend and slept most of Sunday so didn't get much done.

Been following 'The Hobbit Movie' on facebook lately and its put me in a Dwarfy mood especially the picture at the top.

 I dug out my LOTR Dwarf project which has been sidelined for a longtime. Its only WIP mostly I did do some test pieces over a year ago and have nearly finished doing the bases on these 7 lucky Dwarf's and done around 40 in total. As you can see in the last photo the gobbo's are quite outnumbered at the moment. I do have the Fellowship kicking around somewhere with a few other characters.

We'll see how far the project gets I got disheartened by the quantity of painting required. but will do this inbetween my other bits and bobs.

My Rescue squad have been given a wash of badab black for there grey and black scheme will hopefully have them done for next week.








13 comments:

  1. Hope tou are feeling a bit better soon; good luck with the new project too. Glad to see that it is not just me that gets distracted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know i'm not a dwarf fan but these look pretty good.

    As you should also realise I get distracted very very easily....oh I wonder what's in that box, Hang on I'll get back to you later.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when you can pull some old project out of a cupboard and really get it going again... it feels like free gaming to me! My buddy and I played the two LOTR dwarf campaigns all the way through, superb fun. Good lukc with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dwarfs look real sweet, you have done them justice, keep this project going please.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and get well soon. Nice dwarves, but don't tell the English 1st XV, there'll be hell to pay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting this lot should keep you out of mischief for quite a while. Best of luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, another distraction. I know what that can be like.
    Your dwarves look very good. Can't wait to see the entire set done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear you were ill. I hope get better real soon. Those dwarves are excellent. I especially like the one in the foreground of the second picture. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys i'm on the mend.

    @Joes he one of favorites of all the LOTR Dwarfs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone seems to be coming down with some kind of illness this week, keep up the great work and get the dwarves finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're on the mend. That's a very ambitious LotR Dwarf project, looking great, and what's painted up so far looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Mik. They look fantastic.

    Get well soon!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete