Wednesday 23 May 2012

Musings in the month of May

First of all apologies not been upto much hobby related shenanigans for the past week or so. After returning from our little holiday we had loads to catch up on and before I knew it last week was over and I had not shared anything on the blog. Its quite hard to imagine that this is blog is nearly a year old. Other things to celebrate is that I gave up smoking a year ago as well. Doesn't time fly!

Anyway onto hobby related things picked up the paintbrush last night and got some paint on the last two figures from my rogue agents and henchmen pack. Done a bit more on both versions of Hasslefree Ken.

Looking for 70's themed vehicles I managed to pick up a 1/43 police mini van off ebay so i'm hoping it will fit in quite well with my 7TV stuff. What i'm going to use it for I haven't decided yet. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Saying that though Crooked Dice are planning to release some Police at some point so perhaps they can be used with it.

Speaking of Crooked dice plans are a foot to release some more minions my favourites Hoorah! At the moment there is just a picture of the dollys but there are plans for various arms to be release, Rifles, SMG, pistols and truncheons so all good!



At the moment i'm thinking about what figures to use/convert into the various bond villains/henchmen just for fun of course! Nick Nack is the hardest one to find a figure for so far. I just can't find the figure that looks quite right.

I already have in mind what figures and the bits need for Tee Hee, Mr Kidd and Mr Wint, Jaws (thanks to Crooked dice for the Head sprue's they are awesome) and various others are in a state of flux. Hopefully I will have something to show next week all being well.


11 comments:

  1. Not a problem Brummie we'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to get an update. Congrats on nearing the 1 year anniversary for both the blog and the quitting of smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back and no apologies needed. Looking forward to a 'Birthday' post and congratulations on quitting the evil weed too. Just managed a year of abstinence myself recently, but my word I've put on a few pounds as a result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. On a mission to try and lose a few pounds as well now.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see an update. Andit seems you are still plotting and making evil plans....

    Excellent.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a plan!!! looking forward to see Jaws!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have you back, Simon and mucho congrats on giving up the evil weed. I look forward to your anniversary post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back and congrats on the blog birthday. Way to go on keeping off cigarettes. I know how hard that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. I made a few Bond figs a while ago, been meaning to post pics of them. So now I have. I used a foundry model as nick nack. He's the smallest model I've found so far!
    http://poisonousmonkeysgames.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/scaramanga-and-nick-nack.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered some bits from Crooked Dice today I need to sort out a body for Jaws can't make my mind up at the minute though

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the smoking side of things, evil habit :), I am also looking forward to your version of Jaws !

    ReplyDelete