Thursday 1 October 2015

Zomtober 2015!!!


Well its that time of year again Zomtober!!! Hard to believe that this year is the fourth! Yes the fourth Zomtober and the build up to of course the festive holiday Halloween! So why not get some zombies and survivor figures painted up and ready for gaming with!

  The rules
The Zomtober rules are simple. To take part you just need to paint one Zombie or Survivor (or more!) each week, in any scale you like, posting it to your blog by the Sunday (we use Sunday's as the end of each Zomtober week). So that means one or more minis each week on or before the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th of October 2015.

Anyone commenting on this post will get added to the blog list below (and feel free to do something similar on your own blogs - as the word spreads, more and more bloggers can be involved!). We'll be sticking to blogs only this year it was a bit trickier adding in non bloggers from various forums etc.

Currently on the Zomtober blog roll. (Click the names)

Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer
Four Colour Super Minis
Fantorical
Fiends in Waistcoats
Mikes Random Wargame Meanderings
Minis by Finch
Chris' Miniatures Woes
Metal Skirmish
28mm Victorian Warfare
Nevermind the Jankers
Cheaphammer!!!
Rantings From Under the Games Table
Deviant Designs Deeds
The Rusty Dagger
Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers
Games Mayhem
BZA Bob's Zombie Apocalypse in 28mm
Outbreak Gaming the Z-Apocalypse
The League of Extraordinary Gamers
Bulls Waaaarghh!
Sean's Wargames Corner
Fantorical
Da Gobbo's Grotto
The Lost and the Damned and the Stunted 
Miniature Mayhem
Wargaming with Barks

Currently on my plans to work on this year is of course all my Studio Survivors and Zombies which arrived from there kickstarter this time last year which was delivered earlier in the year and of course with Season 6 of The Walking Dead starting on the 12th I'll have plenty to keep the creative juices flowing!

Some prep work has been done and I have about half of the figs based and primed ready for a flick of the brush.




37 comments:

  1. It's already October? How dare he come uninvited?
    Methinks this is your headbanner that menolikey, Simon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to the survivors and painters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get stuck in to this at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zomtober: be there or be square! I'm in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in. I need an excuse to paint some figs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm even digging up some modern survivors I have for Zomtober!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! Though any period is more than welcome :)

      Delete
  7. really looking forward to seeing both yours and everyone else's figs this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you're well prepared Simon. Wishing you a perfectly gruesome Zombotber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, Simon. Right on the heels of Zeptember (as in Led) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to all participants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crud, was hoping my package from redboxgames would have arrived by now.

    Still, I have a bunch of Sedition Wars zombies I can paint instead.

    Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to add myself to that list!
    http://skirmishoutbreak.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been out of the loop for awhile, so missed that you were away for a time. Congratulations on your nuptials, and count me in for something in Zom(b)tober. I have some 40mm ones primed and a whole bunch of 20mm and 28mm sitting around needing to be built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Look forwar to sing your Zomtober entries then )

      Delete
  14. LXG is there with bells on- it attracts more zombies. Sign us up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to seeing all those talented painters working on different zombies and survivors. With the time I take just to finish one mini I should get a head start and start painting a few months ahead of next year's Zombtober. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like fun. I have never entered a painting type event before but what the heck. Lets do this thing. I do love a zombie or two.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to seeing what everyone produces this month, even though I'll not be taking part.
    You've got a nice lot of zeds too to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want in please :) had posted a trio of zombie nurses on the 1st October if that counts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard :) I shall count it as this weeks entry :)

      Delete
  19. Count me in; first post to come this Friday.

    ReplyDelete