Monday 21 March 2016

Batman Miniatures Game Huntress Free Agent & Tournament news

 Meh another one of those weeks last week again most the family has been ill mainly my wife Louise and my eldest Carmen spending the first half the week sleeping with them both catching a nasty viral bug. So it has been busier for me than normal. I did game with Pulp Citizen on Tuesday night and tested out another combination for my crew.

Friday I took off as my youngest was poorly again FFS!!! So had an early start to the weekend and around looking after folks I got a bit of painting in and finished Huntress pictured below.

Saturday was the day of the Tournament In the end I took my original list of

Origin Bane
Deadshot
Venom Soldier
Dallas with Ammo
Ted Hunter
Mohawk with Titan
McGregor

It was a positive experience and it was great to get 3 games in and was a good learning experience as well. It was good to meet Kieron of Cheaphammer!!! in the flesh. We didn't get paired up for a game but his Titan Joker gang look awesome and scary!

First game was Plunder against a great guy called Chris Carr and his Two Face Crew with Lobo as a Free agent. It contained a fair few guns and I was a bit concerned at first. There was plenty of cover. A fast advance (one of my strategies) saw my crew in the centre with Bane smashing down henchmen left right and centre and jumping on my own objectives early on I managed to prevent Two Face from getting into the area. End result Win 45vps to 35vps. I also managed to take out Two Face which was awesome Lobo was not far off but he was beginning to chew his way through my own henchmen.

A brief break for lunch and onto the Second match against Dan (sorry forgot his surname) this time was Patrol (reach your opponents deployment zone) against a Batman crew (without batman) it was lead by Commissioner Gordon with Azrael and AK Red Hood two swat and two cops. This was a massive defeat for me 39-7 It was a hard board to slog across with a large wall with two openings in to get through and to my objectives.

In hindsight I should of just dug in on my side and let him come to me but I didn't and he managed to neutralize my guns and then pick off every one else one by one as they tried to get through the wall. I also let him get into my back field via one of two sewers so he managed to sit on his ammo objective and rack up the points. Superior mobility was my downfall.

The Final Game was against Greg Joynson and his League of Shadows crew. It had an interesting line up Talia boss, Free Agent Grundy, Dallas, McGregor, Yang, Lotus and Pavilion A. This was perhaps the most enjoyable game as we sort of had similar henchmen. It was a close fought Draw I really could of done with someone to dish out the blood damage as Bane managed to KO both Lotus and Yang but could remove them as casualties. His Dallas with NVG's I managed to Neutralise early on with Deadshot allowing my Dallas to KO Grundy again I couldn't cause enough blood damage to remove him either. This I think would of won me the game had I been able to score those much needed points. In the end it finished 17-14 to me which is a draw.

Overall the day was awesome it was a great bunch of people I finished 7th out of 12. Pulp Citizen with his Court of Owls managed to comes 6th and Kieron fought well and finished third well done mate!

Defo going to be doing more batman tournaments. My list is going to be tweaked a little or I may take another crew altogether next time. Onto which is Huntress who I finished on Friday. Huntress is a Free Agent being able to join Batman, Arrow crews currently though this may change when the expansion for the game gets released soon as Birds of Prey and 'Teams' may change how crews are configured. A joy to paint a painted the cape separately and the attached it at the end. Pinned for extra security.








30 comments:

  1. Great work on Huntress and well done for your first tournament outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. I hope you can make the next one :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice work on the Huntress mate, she has turned out very well. I think you should be pleased. :)

    Looking forward to the next tournament. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome looking Huntress Simon, and you're now a professional BMG gamer too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I wouldn't say professional! Thanks dude reconfiguring my Bane crew this week with some different leadership and support.

      Delete
  4. 7th is not so very bad. And 3 good games and a lot learned is even better. next time you may do better or may do worse depending on players and set up and terrain and several other things but by the third tournament I reckon you will be doing well.

    But 7th for first outing sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Clint. I'm going to have a fiddle with some options and see if I can come up with new crew configs.

      Delete
  5. Hola
    Gran trabajo as echo si señor
    A titulo personal es una de las que sacaron que no me gusto nada de nada
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like good games and cracking miniatures Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful job with wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Huntress dude! Well done on your first tournament foray too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob :) Tourney was ace a whole day of gaming definitely need to do that more often!

      Delete
  9. Quite a creative and interesting game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed and very relaxing. Thanks for popping by and saying hello :)

      Delete
  10. Huntress looks super lovely! That bare tummy skin effort is so well done.

    Congrats on a tourney well played.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great. Now post something else so she disappears from my feed by the time I post mine so that I don't suffer in comparison.

    Excellent work. And I'll give you my top tourney tip...never win the first game, and if you must, keep it close. That way, you manage to avoid the people who know what they're doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I'll have to remember that tip for next time!

      Delete
  12. Looks like you all had great fun! :)
    I presume Batman games are quicker paced than W40k's? Have no game xp but I did watch a fair amount of W40K games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a good laugh. Even the loss. I haven't played 40k in a long time. a six round game at 350 rep last around 2-3hrs

      Delete
  13. Well done on the tournament and another great looking model. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Certainly going to try and attempt to goto more.

      Delete